1. Choose the correct caliber of the water meter;
2. Install horizontally, with the surface facing up, and the direction of the arrow on the case is the same as the direction of the water flow. The installation location should avoid exposure, flooding, freezing and pollution, and facilitate disassembly and meter reading. For newly installed pipelines, the sand, gravel, hemp and other debris in the pipeline must be rinsed before installing the water meter to avoid failure of the water meter;
3. Valves should be installed upstream and downstream of the water meter, and should be fully opened when using it;
4. The necessary straight pipe sections or equivalent rectifiers shall be installed upstream and downstream of the water meter. The length of the upstream straight pipe section shall not be less than 10D, and the length of the downstream straight pipe section shall not be less than 5D (D is the nominal diameter of the water meter). For eddy currents caused by bent pipes or centrifugal pumps, a rectifier must be installed in front of the straight pipe section;
5. When installing the water meter, it should be noted that the outlet of the downstream pipe of the water meter is 0.5m higher than the water meter, so that the meter is incorrectly measured due to insufficient water flow in the pipe;
6. The water meter has excellent anti-clogging performance, but it is sensitive to silt and weeds in the pipeline, and should be avoided as much as possible during use. If there is silt and weeds in the pipeline, it should be cleaned up in time, otherwise it will affect the normal measurement of the water meter.